Hitofude means "single brush stroke" in Japanese, and the beautiful, open-front lace Hitofude Cardigan is knitted with a continuous strand of yarn without cutting! With nearly 6,000 projects on Ravelry, it is a very popular and successful pattern. A copy of pattern is included with the workshop.
This one-day workshop covers will launch you successfully to knit the Hitofude so you can enjoy wearing it this spring and summer! You will learn:
- how to check gauge when working in lace
- how to take the body measurements you will need
- the provisional cast on
- how to understand the instructions
- Yarn - Any fingering-weight yarn. XS(S,M,L,XL,XXL) - 730 (840,980,1160,1310,1530) yards. If you want to make your Hitofude longer, please have some extra yarn.
- Two different colors of waste yarn for provisional CO. (Fingering- sport-weight cotton yarn is best.
- Needles - US#4, 32” long circular (recommended for wool yarn). If you know that you are generally a tighter or looser knitter, please bring US#5 or US#3 needles (also 32" long) so we can be sure you will achieve the necessary gauge.
- Crochet hook US E (3.5mm)